Actually, they did exposed a secret. To be correctly, there where two secrets exposed. People just don’t get it.
But I do agree, it is a tasteless way, how they did it and the real message will drown in a “racism fight”.
Race row at Cornish festival after pub landlord and his friend ‘black up’ as tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams
- Kevin Stevens, 50, and Luke Jason, 31, dressed as tennis stars for carnival
- Wore fake tan, skirts and brown face paint for event in Truro, Cornwall
- But have been lambasted by onlookers and racism campaigners
- Costumes were called ‘offensive’, ‘out-of-date’ and ‘inappropriate’
- One of the pair says criticism is ‘political correctness gone mad’
Two friends have been branded racist after ‘blacking up’ as tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams for a carnival parade.
Kevin Stevens, 50, a local pub landlord, and his friend Jason Luke, 31, a builder, covered themselves in dark fake tan, brown face paint and afro wigs to join a tennis-themed carnival float.
They put on women’s sports gear and were photographed posing enthusiastically with tennis rackets at the procession in Truro last weekend. Mr Stevens also sported a pair of fake breasts for the event.
‘Inappropriate’: Publican Kevin Stevens, left, and builder Jason Luke, right, were criticsed for their costumes at Truro Carnival in Cornwall. Mr Stevens is dressed as Venus Williams and Mr Luke as her sister Serena
‘Stereotype’: Mr Stevens, posing above in Truro, was criticised by the Council for Racial Equality